Monday, September 8, 2008

I Heart.....

Real runners.

I realize tonight the dedication that many of my friends have when they run through rain, cold etc. We had a No Boundaries run tonight and it was a toughie. When we started it was just really windy which was quite the nice perk. Then, it started to sprinkle. Here again....not that bad. The more we ran the harder and faster it rained. It got to a point where we felt like we were being beat down by the rain pellets and almost pushed over by the wind. This storm came out of no where. My friend and I made it to 1.4 miles by the time they called us in. We began to get some lightening and that makes them call it off.

As we ran completely soaked to the bone with shoes that felt like they weighed 10 pounds each I had a flash of what it takes to be a "real runner". I cannot imagine having complete dedication to finish a race even it if was raining or snowing or whatever the case. I am sooooo not there yet. We were going to finish the goal of 2 miles but who were we to argue with the coaches. I would not want to difficult or anything.

That said....major kudos to those who are to that point in their running game. I'll stick to the goal of being able to talk throughout the run without major wheezing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! I can't believe you are doing all that running. We went for a walk the other day and it stared to rain -hard (maybe the same day). We didn't even run to get back to the house. Instead we decided to walk fast while we were getting drenched!

How did the open house go? The housing market is crazy lately!

Bri Maharrey said...

I meant to mention it and forgot. WE only had one couple come by. I really do not think it looks good for us to sell right now. Thanks for asking ;)

Unknown said...

just wanted to let you know that your playlist served as my study soundtrack tonight...good tunes!

hope you guys are doing good...we miss you!!!

The Terrys said...

i would just like to be in the running game. i don't run. sad fact. well, unless someone is chasing me and even at that point i better be afraid of serious bodily harm before i begin to run. i am thinking about it though.