We had one of THOSE mornings! We have made plans for this day for a while. We planned to go buy pink or blue and pick out bedding and all those fun things. Last night I was plagued with dreams that I was late for my appointment and missed my ultrasound. I had the same dream about 5-6 times but different scenarios each time. Needless to say I woke up with THAT feeling that we would not find out today. We left for our appointment 1 hour early but due to a wreck on Slaughter Road it took us 45 minutes to hit I-565. We made it to our appointment 5 minutes late and the ultrasound tech was waiting. SHe was very nice about us being late. We got in ASAP and she started before Trey even came in the room. They did tons of views and the tech kept mentioning that the baby was "in such a weird position". I knew then that the outcome would be shady. At one point the tech, my doctor and the nurse were all staring at the screen with baited breath saying there it is....wait...no there it is....That went on for a while. They said they could tell us with no certainty what we were having. We get to try again in 4 weeks. Funny thing is they did both kinds of ultrasounds if you know what I mean (for those that have had babies) and as soon as they did it one way they said they had a better view the other way and flipped back and forth. It was a mess!!! That baby was not moving at all for the umbilical cord to budge an inch.GOOD NEWS and PRAISE.....is that all things looked good. My health looked good. We can only figure that we are slowly being prepared for the uncertainty this sweet baby will bring into our lives. I guess plans are all relative when you have kids. They get sick, they won't cooperate because they are having a rough day etc....Better to learn that now and become one with it. Whatever the case we are thankful for good health and a successful pregnancy to this point at 20 weeks. Here's to another 20!
Healed by Mercy
2 months ago



4 comments:
Awww...that's the pits...especially since you had to do BOTH kinds of ultrasounds! You better believe I know what that means! I'm sure that I had more ultrasounds than anyone on the planet. :) Oh well, like you said...this baby is preparing you for all of the times that he/she won't do exactly what you want he/she to do. :) Like you said, though, just be thankful that this baby is healthy and doing well. Hopefully next time you'll find out for sure! :)
I'm so sorry that you guys didn't find out today. I really hope that these next few weeks will go by quickly so that you can know at your next appointment.
How disappointing! But I am happy to hear that you and your sweet baby are healthy so far! We are halfway there...
Guys, I know you guys are disappointed about not knowing if the baby is a girl or boy, but I am so happy for all three of you that everything is going well and everyone is healthy! Here's to finding out in a month! P.S. Sorry you had to have both kind of ultrasounds. Sounds kinda rough.
--Stephanie D.
Post a Comment