Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life with Cooper

For those that might wonder how things are I thought I would update just a little on life at our house.

Since coming home from the hospital we have all done really well. Cooper has adjusted and so far we have had two nights of lots o' sleep. I KNOW deep down that this will not last and am prepared at any moment for that to fall apart but while I am still trying to recover from surgery it is a wonderful blessing to be able to care for baby and still get sleep.

My mom came for three days and then Trey's mom came for one day and tonight we are solo for the first time!! Then, Trey's mom and my mom will come back and each take some time to finish out the week and get us to Saturday or Sunday then we will see how things are. I go for my post op appointment on Monday the 24th and hope to get a good report on the healing and see when I can get out and about with walking and beginning to get some exercise and all that good stuff. So far with a c-section my biggest issues have not been related to the fact that I was cut open it has had to do with other things that have popped up. I had an itching reaction to the spinal and morphine stuff for about 12 hours after surgery and then a day later a mysterious pregnancy rash appeared on my hands, arms, ankles and legs. Wow......doc said said only thing that cures it is delivery. I was pretty sure the staples in my stomach were proof enough we had been there and done that but my body thought otherwise. The rash is finally clearing and I hope for it to be gone by the weekend. Other than that I feel really great!!

We love this little guy so much and it is something no one could have prepared either of us for. Looking at this little face makes us smile and it is like none other ;) Trey and I have had lots of laughs too over all the cute things he has done. We are looking forward to getting some newborn pics this Friday with some friends from Memphis. Of course, we will share all of the pics when they are available.

We go back to the doctor Friday for another weight check but we have made the feedings every 2 1/2 hours for the most part and he seems to do well with that so hopefully we will have made some progress.

We enjoyed seeing so many people in the hospital and now we are beginning to get visitors at home which is great too. We look forward to everyone meeting Cooper Benjamin very soon!!! We are loving life and thankful for each day!!!!

2 comments:

James and Dana said...

Proud of you guys!! You are so wonderful and Cooper is so blessed!! We Love you!!!

Sunny said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so well. We can't wait to see your little Cooper!