Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things I am Loving this week

I have semi taken up a new hobby over the past three weeks. It is running!This is not a joke ;) I have been running two to three miles and then walking one to two more so basically doing 4 or 5 miles 3-4 days a week. It started more as a stress relief thing with all of the changes we have going on at work and now I kind of enjoy it. It is an hour that I set aside all for myself during the day whenever I can fit it in. I hope to keep this up long term but I will take it a month at a time. Next week will be a solid month of this schedule so that is some kind of a milestone.

I am also loving my new kicks! I got some new tennis shoes this week because of all the miles I have been putting on the treadmill these past three weeks. They are nike and they are grey, hot pink and black. Very sassy, functional and cute.

The new Mac Book Air!!! Have you seen the commercials for this thing? It is pretty amazing but I am curious about how light it will be. Not that I need this and it is not something I am planning on getting but it is too cool not be at least check it out.

We are looking forward to the weekend in Florence. We are going to hang with Dan, Leann and baby Ava on Friday night. Saturday we are doing a belated birthday dinner for dad. He had a birthday last week and we waited till this weekend so we could all be there to celebrate.

Hope you all have a great weekend. We will see alot of you a few times next week;) Madison Lifegroup is at our house Sunday night, Welcome Home is at our place Monday night and church Wednesday! You'll get a big 'ol dose of Trey and Bri next week!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your new found passion for running...you better watch out though, Tori started out just training for a 5k and now she's getting ready for her second full-marathon!

the macbook air is freaking amazing! you should go to apple's website and check out the features. there are a few drawbacks, but it certainly wins in the category of cool!

oh, and btw, it weighs a mere 3 pounds!

have fun this weekend and tell the good folks in flo-town hello from us!

Tori said...

Yeah for running...you should set a goal to run a road race. They are SO fun. You know Cotton Row is coming up on May 23 (it is a 10K)?? It is a fun race and you could easily do it. We will have to run sometime...and Taylor's right you could be doing marathons before you know it!!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Way to go on the running, girl! I'm jealous!!! I'm ready to start again. I'm taken some time off since the kids were born. Imagine that...I just can't seem to fit it in these days like I used to could. :) I feel like I'm running and lifting weights all day, though. It is nice to just have that set time for yourself, though. That's the main reason I want to start again...just for some me time! Keep it up!