Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Father's Heart

Just wanted to share that I got on you tube tonight and listed to the lesson ( the title of the lesson is the title of the post) that was delivered at the funeral of William Bronner Burgess. We love listening to Rick and Bubba and when we lived in Birmingham we listened religiously because they were on the main channel and we both had a little more commute time in the car than we do now. They are usually a point of contention from what I have encountered. People either love them or they don't pretty simply put. I will agree that at times they get too strong with their political ideas but ultimately their work for the lord and spreading the word outweighs all of the other issues they may or may not have. Even though they are public figures I have a feeling they would be doing this even if they did not have access to a microphone and thousands of willing listeners each day. We met a girl in Birmingham that interned there and she said they were the same on and off the air which is what alot of people say. I believe that she ended up interning there because they stopped by one day to see if they could see the studio or meet them on the way to or from her dad's cancer treatment and they were welcomed right in. This is a great lesson and amazing how beautifully he got through it. Just thought I would share my thoughts on it. THere is no way to imagine what that family feels but it is a reminder how quickly something can slip away.In the lesson he talks about how quickly material things fade when you are faced with something of this nature. So it leaves me with a feeling of gratitude for our families and friends and the people that we are surrounded by.

1 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I listened to all of his speech and it was awesome! I pray that my faith would be strong enough to handle something like that the way that he has. He is turning it into something positive that is affecting a lot of people for good. It's easy in the world we live in to get wrapped up in things that just don't matter when you look at it in light of eternity.