Friday, July 24, 2009

Kohl's Meltdown

I decided I would get out today for a few minutes and go to Kohl's which is really close to the house and somewhere I could park easily and close and it is not too big to get around in. In and out as I knew what I was looking for and then back home.

It proved to be a much more challenging trip and pretty much pushed me over the edge. I went to get a few more things to sleep in since all my stuff is packed in my hospital bag that I refuse to unpack and use anything from. Sure as I do Cooper will decided to come and then I will have messed up my packing ;) I also need some panties. My current ones just are not that comfy so I wanted a different style. Pretty quick I found what I wanted and went to check out.

This is where it all fell apart.......We stood in line for about 15 minutes with no one calling for help. The current people checking out all THREE paid separately and there was a lady and her mom in front of me also going to pay separate. For the love....if that was not bad enough. Then, finally they called for backup. Too bad a snooty guy who thought he was too good to wait in line helped himself in front of at least three other people. The lady looked at me and said I could come on since I was next and I sorta politely refused in a crappy kind of way. I just wanted that guy to know what a jerk move that was. Seriously!!

Finally, it was MY turn. YEAH!!! Then it turns ugly. The lady rang up my panties which were supposed to be 3 for $14.99. She apparently thought that she should be charging me $14.99 per pair meaning I would been paying about $45 for three pairs of kohls panties. WHATEVER...not at Kohls thank you very much! I told her the sign said 3 for the $14.99 and she said she just did not think that could be so. My thought was that she was an idiot but I was going to try and keep that in. Finally, I said either put the freakin panties down and take it off my bill or get some help. She put them down and did not attempt to ask anyone. Ohhhhhhhh....the NERVE. She rang up the rest of my stuff and said would you like a kohls card and I basically just yelled out that NO I did not want anything but for her to FINISH!! She was also the slowest human being on earth along with not knowing what she was doing.

It did not help that everyone in the store looked at me and gave me that sympathetic look. Like you sure are big...I bet your are ready. Yes, I could tell that was what they were saying with their eyes. Ughhhh!!!! Good thing we are getting close or I might have to be banned from interacting with the general public in any form or fashion. I am so tired of the random stranger comments and them wanting to have conversations with an obviously overwraught pregnant person!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope God doesn't read your July 24th post. It is hateful, mean, and just nasty. It seems that you are bragging about your disgust with the other people that God created. It is not their fault that you are big and miserable.

If you are tired of random stranger comments, why write a blog on the web for everyone (even strangers) to read?

Best wishes. See you in church!

Bri Maharrey said...

Well, not sure who this is and the great thing is I am not faltered by your comment one bit. The wonderful thing about God is that I don't have to live in fear of him finding out something about a behavior or part of me that I am trying to "hide". He knows all and lays his mercy out for the unworthy if we just ask. Fortunately, for me I have a wonderful prayer life and we do talk daily about fears, hopes and shortcomings. I feel pretty certain we are on the same page and that God knows my heart to the fullest extent.

I was having a bad and frustrating day and this is my place to post how I feel good, bad and ugly. That is me and I make no apologies. I am not perfect and never claimed to be. Therefore, all I can do is strive not to have days like this but as a human inevitably they will come and I will fall down sometimes.

So, thank you for your comment. I have no reason to make my blog private...if someone wants to read by all means read...if not then skip to another. This is our journey as is and not edited with only the good moments but all those in between. The perfect moments are great but I think if all you have is those moments you are not really living.

Bri Maharrey said...

anonymous:

As Bri's husband (or as any husband, for that matter) i can't help but be frustrated and defensive about your comment; however, seeing as how you probably are looking for a response in tune with the 'hatefulness' of bri's July 24th post(and quite frankly, i would love nothing more than to give it back to you FULL FORCE)-I will respond in defense- but with respect.

My assumption is that you have never been pregnant, nor have you lived with a pregnant woman. It is probably also safe to say that you don't know Bri and probably don't read our blog regularly. You also seem to be someone who has been hurt by the church or some of it's members at some time- for that, i am sorry-

though we are Christians, we are also humans (hence, the need for Christ). Bri is one of the most patient human beings i have ever known. This pregnancy (like so many) has been tough for us. Bri has shown an amazing amount of patience and understanding throughout this entire 38 weeks...i am so inspired by her willingness to overlook her frustrations and maintain an overall good attitude. does this mean she is perfect? no-and the example of her experience at Kohls is evidence of that. i am sorry that you are/were offended by her actions and her willingness to share that with others.

However, i can't help but question your motives/thought process in writing this response. Are you trying to attack her as a Christian? Did you consider the fact that she is a 37-week pregnant, soon-to-be first-time mom, who is very venerable to a vast array of emotions? Have you read about the blood pressure issues she has been dealing with?

Again, I assume your comment is motivated by the fact that you have been hurt by the Church before. For this, I cannot express my apologies any more. Unfortunately, we the Church, do hurt people in our sometimes ill-conceived attempts to convert people to Christ. Many times, these people are left frustrated and further from Christ than ever before. It is my prayer that God will touch your heart and allow this damage to be healed . I invite you to continue to read our blog as, over the coming day, we bring Cooper into this world. I pray that you will find us warm, inviting, and good (not perfect) representatives of Christ. In addition, please feel free to contact me, either through this blog, or by email (maharreybe@yahoo.con) if I can be of assistance in this process.

oh, and one more thing: Bri is frustrated with 'strangers' making comments to her face in public; not on the blog as you suggested. Though Bri is a very warm and friendly person, sometimes, as with all mothers-to-be; hormones, tiredness, feeling fat and uncomfortable, and other various ailments leave her less than receptive to random people walking up to her wanting to talk to her about the baby.

May God bless you and your quest for peace,

Trey

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous,
Allow me to level with you. I struggle every day trying to have a gentle spirit, and this day is no different. That being said, I also believe that we must hold each other accountable for our actions.
I wonder if you were having a bad day or if you are just this cowardly and judgemental in all your interactions with people you clearly don't know.
I will censor how I really feel about your snotty comments (in my considerable effort to be a bigger person), however know that the people that have known Bri the longest understand that sometimes life is hard. Sometimes people are frustrating. Sometimes people (to say nothing of a woman struggling the best she can through a difficult pregnancy) need to vent. You obviously did.
I am asking you to give her the same consideration you believe "random strangers" deserve.
-Stephanie D.

Jane said...

You know, the few times I've been to Kohls, it has always been frustrating like that. I don't often go over that way but I must say it gets hard to be patient after a while - even for someone who is not 38 weeks pregnant. :)