I took my first trip to the Nashville Flea Market this weekend and it was a blast minus the part where I was sick. I powered through though and had a great time and am really glad I went. My finds were two window panes, two large shutters, and a painted picture frame. I started with the easiest project first since I've been sick.
I took this which was a creamy off white color and decided to use it above our bed and write in a phrase. I plan to flank it on either side with picture frames but that will come later when I find just the right ones. I put the picture in the room trying to decide what color lettering to use. I decided upon blue and went to work. I was not loving the blue on the cream so I sanded it out and went to plan B.
Plan B was to use some gray spray paint I had on had and paint the middle and some of the edges and distress the edges just a tad more. Our room has yellow, gray, blue and some greens thrown in. So the gray kind of brought out a color you don't notice as much and I love the way it turned out. It is REALLY distressed and rustic but I am digging it. This piece cost me $18 dollars which I had hoped to get for less but she would not come down and for whatever reason this one spoke to me. That is what I loved about this flea market experience is you could just tell when a piece spoke to one of us. It was neat and now I sound like a total weirdo ;-) You're welcome!
I searched around Pinterest forever looking for a phrase I liked and about an hour later this one popped up. So appropriate because it is a great quote in itself but also appropriate because this is one of my husbands favorite quotes from one of his favorite bands. Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name- Avett Brothers song ;-)
So, I don't have a picture of how this looks on my wall yet because I have to get trey to hang it for me. It was actually wired to be hung the opposite way of how I did it so he'll have to run some wire for me and then hang it. When I get that picture I'll add it to this blog. For now this is it! The other two projects are going to be a bit bigger and more time consuming BUT I am so EXCITED to get them done and post pictures. I just love how these old pieces are looking and adding some nostalgia and charm to our new home ;-)






0 comments:
Post a Comment