On Thanksgiving Day my husband and I will celebrate 9 years of marriage. It's hard to fathom that it's really been that long. The day that I walked down the aisle to marry my best friend I had no idea what God had in store for our lives. How tough things would be at times, how much fun we would have and that we would be blessed with two sweet boys. All I knew was that I was marrying someone who was going to take care of me and that I could always count on. He's been that for me every day since we said I do.
Most recently with the loss of my mom I had to depend on and trust him through one of the hardest things in my life. He did not for one second ever let me down or waver in his strength even though it was an extremely tough loss for him too and he's still grieving as well. He has stood by my side every day for the last four months and been exactly what I needed him to be without me saying a word. He knew when to talk and when to be silent and just let the tears come. I have not always made it easy but he didn't let that stop him ;-)
Thankful to God for this man that he placed in my life. Thankful that when he asked my parents if he could propose that he promised my mom and dad that he would take care of me, love me and provide for me and I can say with pride that he has gone above and beyond to care not only for me and the boys but for our extended families too.
To my husband I say...I love you and I appreciate you. Thank you for loving me and the boys so unconditionally ;-) I look forward to many more anniversaries with you!
Healed by Mercy
5 weeks ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment