So....I am trying to get this blog current and I hated to put it all in one big entry. Today as I am still enjoying some rest and relaxation I made my way to Doodles. If you live in the area and have never been there you are missing out. It is the best place in the world and really affordable for gifts of any kind. I mainly buy baby gifts there but saw some of the cutest stuff I thought would be perfect for Christmas and could not resist. I took care of 6 Christmas presents today and they will wrap them for you for free in cute paper and ribbon. You can't beat that.
On another note..we have yet to put up the Christmas tree or anything festive. Why does it feel like such a daunting task. I enjoy putting the tree and all the other things up once I get them in front of me but getting to that point takes a major effort. We are shooting for Thursday but who knows. It might take few days for all of the festive decorations to make their way around the house.
Christmas Cards...I like the idea but am terrible at the execution. We always want to do a picture and then comes the mess of what picture do we use or do we need to take one and if so where. Whew!! It makes me tired to just think about it. I love to get them but am terrible at sending them. I think we are going to make a valiant effort this year to make it happen but no promises are being made. If you do not get one at least you have the comfort of knowing that we thought about it and there is always room for improvement so we can try again next year.
I guess I am all out of random thoughts for the day. Thanks for stopping by.
Healed by Mercy
2 months ago



5 comments:
Yeah for you!!! Welcome to posting! I noticed two emails from you, then when I saw that the first one was about a blog, I thought, "She forgot to give the address!" Sure enough... when I got to the second email... :)
Here's a Christmas Card story for you...Last year, I actually spent 3 hours trying to get a good pic of the kids. Then I took it to Wally World and got it put into a great looking Card. I ordered the cards. I picked up the cards. Then I got home and ADDRESSED THE ENVELOPES. And....they are STILL in my cabinet!!! Yep..NEVER SENT EM OUT!!!!
So...at least you know that as long as you don't make it that far you can never be worse than that!!!
I'm so excited you started a blog! I'm so sorry you were sick over Thanksgiving. That stinks!!! I hope you're better. Happy 4 year anniversary. Our 5th will be in May. That's hard to believe! Good luck getting the Christmas cards done. It always seems like a daunting task to me, too, beforehand. I'm always glad to have it done. I don't know what I'm going to do for a picture. I'll figure something out.
I will have to check out Doodles. I've heard great things about it, but have never been. Good luck with the Christmas tree. I am trying to decide between painting my den or putting up the tree. I don't know what I will do first, but hopefully they will both be accomplished soon.
Yippee for a blog!! I will have to add you to the list of ones I check out. I don't have one personally but Taylor has started posting about things going on with us. So you will have to check his out since he has started making posts regularly!! Keep them coming girl!! Oh and we are not putting up a tree this year so anything you do will be better than us. And we are going to do the picture christmas card too but still haven't decided what to do as well.
glad you guys are blogging! i added a link to you guys on my site site for the thousands of reader that drop by each day :)
Post a Comment