Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Great Little Ditty

I know that I am outta control with two posts in one day ;) I have been meaning to post this for some folks that wanted it and am just behind. I made this little appetizer for small group before we went out of town. They were a huge hit and everyone wanted the recipe. So here it is......straight from the Rachael Ray Magazine June/July 08.

Cheesy Corn Bites

8 oz cream cheese at room temp

1 cup shredded cheese of your choice. (I used cheddar because that is what I already had in the fridge). Recipe suggests jack cheese. I think any kind will work. It would be fun to experiment!

1 large egg

1/4 cup frozen corn ( I actually used right at about a cup. I wanted alot of corn....I think this one is also up for interpretation.)

1 bag scoop shaped tortilla chips


Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out the scoops on a cooke sheet and spoon in some mixture into each one until you have used all the mix. Then, I sprinkled with some cheddar one top too before baking. You can sprinkle with whatever cheese you choose to use. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown on top. Use your judgement. I did half a bag and they were all gone!! This seemed to be a crowd pleaser and it is super easy and you can make as many as you want. For a big crowd I would probably do two bags.

Enjoy! I know we did!

0 comments: