Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nursery Part 1

Well we have continued to stay super busy around here and Trey is pretty much working on the house in all his spare time. I think we finally have a new spare bedroom, a new office and a nursery!!!! We moved three rooms around and moved alot of stuff out. We are making progress and cannot wait for everything to come together!

This week Trey finished painting the nursery and got the room all cleaned out and ready for the crib , chair and dresser and some baby presents we have been given already. The chair and crib came in this week and we only picked up the chair. We decided to wait on the crib for a week or so and the dresser won't be here till end of this month sometime due to being back ordered. The color is called Barn Owl White and it does not look like it in the pic but it is kind of a khaki type oat color....not sure that really describes it. Basically, it's neutral and something we won't have to paint again ;) We also installed a ceiling fan since we have read about benefits of this in several different magazines like fit pregnancy and mom and baby.

We are taking a breather this weekend from working on the house and heading to Atlanta to meet Miss Tessa Hammett and spend some time with our good friends Taylor and Tori! We are so excited about their new little girl and look forward to catching up with them. While there we also plan to hit up IKEA!!! We need a few new pieces that are small and do not take up a ton of room like a new bookshelf and skinny dresser for the spare bedroom to go in an alcove. Compact, cheap and cute is what IKEA does best so we hope to come home with some good finds to finish off the changes we have made.

After the weekend in Atlanta we have a baby shower at my work Monday night, Tuesday night I host Bunco and Wednesday is my doctor's appt. I did end up testing over on one portion of the preeclampsia test so I am hoping that I will find out more about what that means on Wednesday morning. I will leave you with a pic of the nursery.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are so smart to go with this neutral color for the nursery. Everything is going to look so good together. You guys have fun and be safe this weekend.

Ash

brooke said...

Bri, I can't wait to see how the nursery turns out! So exciting! I haven't forgotten about you and the diaper bag. I keep thinking about it and I've just been wondering what kind of fabric that you would like. I would love to make you one but was wondering if there were some colors that you definitely wanted. Hope you are feeling better!

Sunny said...

You and Trey have been busy. I know that is so exciting! I can't wait to see the finished nursery. Glad that you all were able to get away.