Wednesday, July 8, 2009

34 Week Dr. Visits

This week we had 2 dr. visits as usual and both went pretty routinely which is good at this point. Any appointment not throwing something new at us is a good one.

Monday we had blood work and I turned in my urine collections to check for proteins. WE did a non stress test as we have been doing at each appointment and talked with the doc for a bit about symptoms just to make sure she is not missing anything symptom wise. Dr. also measured me and I am measuring 3 weeks ahead so he pretty much has just shot up in weight recently. I think it has a little something to do with the bed rest but that is just me. This is not a bad thing though since he could still come at 36-38 weeks.

Today we had our second appt of the week and we found out the blood work was fine and my urine proteins had decreased from 250 to 220 and the preeclampsia threshold is at 300. So, with that said Dr. Callison feels that I could still develop it and it could happen rapidly one day or I could not develop it. She is beginning to come around to the idea that I may not get it. Whereas two weeks ago she was convinced I would be having our little boy at 32 or 33 weeks. Thankfully, she took all the necessary precautions had we needed to deliver but we have not had to do that yet so Cooper is in a good place growth wise. She is actually open still to me making it to 36-38 weeks depending on symptoms etc.

I go back Monday and then one other time next week for checking and something could always change because as we have been told this is not an exact science with preeclampsia and when/if it will develop. Still on bedrest and bored like crazy but I know it is actually helping so that makes it a little easier. We are still thankful for all the prayers on our behalf and we look forward to letting you all know when little guy will be making his appearance. More than likely we will be having a scheduled c-section.

0 comments: