Yessterday, we made it to 35 weeks!! This is something our doctor did not expect to happen just three weeks ago. We were getting prepared for the fact that this baby was coming early and we were in shock! Now, that has worn off and we have done all we can to prepare. We are now playing a fun little game called......THE WAITING GAME ;) Or more like waiting impatiently game if I am being honest.
I know that we got to this point because of all the people praying for us and we really are so grateful that he did not come at 32 or 33 weeks but we are getting close enough now that is feasible that he could come early and be absolutely fine and possibly not even have any NICU time. That is truly exciting and makes us even more ready to meet him.
Of course, I have another dr. appt this week on Thursday just for a check in and then on Monday morning I am getting all of my labs retested blood and urine. Then at 2:30 I go back for a review of blood pressures and how they are looking , test results from A.M. testing and ONE more ultrasound to check the weight of Cooper to see how much he has grown from a few weeks ago. I am still measuring big so my guess is weight wise he will be all good but I am anxious to get a number.
From there we will either get a more exact prediction of when we might schedule the C-section for OR we might continue to get the same answer we have gotten twice a week for two weeks now which usually ends up witha range between 36 and 38 weeks we will deliver. Hopefully, we will not come out empty handed with the latter answer but whatever the case we are trying to be patient. Trying.......is really the key word. Not that we are always successful and being patient.
I am currently not sleeping at all really. I have several nights a week where I am up and down and watching TV on and off all through the night and apparently I am not much of a daytime sleeper unless I hit a wall of exhaustion. I realize when baby comes I will need to sleep whenever day or night. The belly is getting really big (which we do need to take a pic I know). I was super excited that my feet, ankles, legs had returned to normal size from bedrest. Now, the swelling has returned and I no longer have MY feet anymore. At least I know there is hope out there for them to return to normal at some point after I have the baby.
Baby Cooper is kicking all the time and moving around lots. He also has his days and nights confused already. I know.................we have been told repeatedly this WILL be the case when he comes out of the belly ;) So, at least we can prepare now for the fact that our child might not sleep at night for a while. If he does then that will just be a perfect suprise.
Parenting class last night was a dose of reality as we went over infant/child CPR and choking. I had ALL of those classes at the Red Cross back in January for work I think and it was a much different feel that when I got all of that information last night. It is just surreal that we might/will probably have to use these skills at some point on OUR baby. If that does not boot you into reality just how much responsibility we are about to take on nothing will.
I guess that is all for now....Have a great week and we really do appreciate all the calls, cards visits and prayers you guys are continuing to send our way.



1 comments:
I am so glad that he is staying put. I know it's miserable for you, but so good for him. I've been there...I KNOW it can get miserable! At least you get to be at home while you wait until the time is right. :) Can't wait to meet your little one. Ya'll will be great parents! Praying for patience for you and that God will continue to keep you all safe.
Post a Comment