Friday, November 20, 2009

We've come a long way.....baby ;)

Sunday is our 6 year anniversary and I like to tell people about how we almost broke up the night we got engaged ;) I think I posted some time ago about the night we got engaged. It is really a great story and Trey went ALL out. It is probably in my archives on my blog somwhere but it is a good one but too long for this post!

I knew when I met Trey that he was a pretty great guy but dang was he was slow! It took us forever to get engaged but once we did it's like we hit the fast foward button ;) I love to tell the story that on the day he proposed to me I was talking to one of my best friends in Auburn that morning and was telling her that I thought that Trey and I were going to have to break up because things were just not going anywhere. I was about to graduate and was ready to move on....to where I am not sure but somwhere with or without a man...LOL! All the while she was packing for a trip to Florence to suprise me that night along with some other girlfriends after the engagement.

Trey and I got engaged and then married within about 9 months. We got back from an amazing honeymoon and began our journey. We have travled a ton and done everything we could cram in and then last year on what was truly a dream vacation to Napa Valley and San Fran we decided we wanted a baby ;) Well, here we are having welcomed baby boy on August 11th! Life seems to be moving so fast and we are doing everything we can to be present and enjoy each day and not let it pass us by.

I have to say that this past year has been crazy and has had it's moments with adding a new person into the family but I would not want to go through this with anyone else! Trey and I both have flaws that we openly admit to but I think that what makes us work so well. We know each others strengths and weaknesses and fill in where it is needed to lift one another up.

So, thank you babe for 6 amazing years! I'd like to take a little walk down memory lane as usual with some pics. The wedding pics are the same ones I already had loaded but I just like to look at them every year at this time. I also put some honeymoon pics to show how young we look and just some other random vacation pics of us from some early vacations we took (these are only a few...we literally have hundreds)!! Just for fun! You are a wonderful daddy and my best friend and I pray we are blessed with many more years together ;) I love you!

I added one more thing at the bottom...SORRY so long! Trey and I love this song. I posted a you tube video of Jon and Joey singing it as they were just hanging out one night I guess. Joey sang it at our wedding for us! Just love the words. They say it ALL. Take a listen if you have time. You'll have to pause the playlist and fast forward a bit to cut thru some chit chat to get to the song on the slide bar.






1 comments:

Stacy said...

Congrats!! You guys are a great couple...love you so much! :) Love your 'new addition' this year too! Here's to many many more years...