As of today I turned in my notice at work! It is with a bittersweet feeling that I signed up for my new job of Stay at Home Mom ;) I applied and got hired and although the monetary pay is as we all know not good the emotional and personal benefits are infinite ;) Effective February 1st I'll be starting my new "job" and spending my days with Cooper Benjamin ;)
I joke about it because I have a slim idea of what I am in for. I in no way believe that I'll have time to sit on the couch and laze around all day. I could only sanely do that for a week or so anyways even if that were the case ;) LOL....There are garages to be organized, closets to be cleaned out, a baby to take care of and watch grow and learn (which he is doing daily). Dinners to be made, playdates to be had, daily walks with little man who loves being outside. Well, you get the general idea of how busy I plan to be ;) Some of you might still be laughing at all I plan to get done....we'll see what happens. I know there will be tough days at home but a tough day at home is better than a tough day of juggling a baby, being a wife, juggling house work, meetings etc.Trey and I have really been struggling with this decision. I am one of those people who never in a million years would have pictured myself at the crossroads I am at now. I am someone who I envisioned doing it all and having everything and it being a breeze. I am sure most people are laughing hysterically at this point too. I learned all too quickly that working 40 hours a week and having a non traditional work schedule some weeks and having a husband that most definitely does not have a traditional work schedule is tough. Things began conflicting way too quickly. We are worn out and not able to really focus on us as a family. We have just been surviving. That is not the way I envisioned things. I have a great job that I truly do love and a pretty cool one at that but having it all seems to be costing me more than I have to give at this point. I am not one of those people who can give less to one thing over another. I tried that and felt miserably. So, I have to give up working for now so that I can do one thing really well and that is nurture and love my family ;)
So, I thank my coworkers, my boss, friends and family for their support thus far and understanding as we head off into the unknown. I'm excited to see what this year has in store for us ;) Hopefully, wherever we end up and whatever we are doing we get back to focusing on our family and doing God's will in all that we attempt and doing it with a joyful heart.



0 comments:
Post a Comment