Well it has been almost two months without sweet gigi here and Cooper
still struggles just as we do. Sometimes three or four days pass
without a mention from him although we still try and talk about it as
often as we feel is appropriate without bombarding him. This past week
was a week that he talked about her constantly from Thursday to Sunday
pretty much non stop. She was already on my mind and add in constant
consoling and talking about heaven with a three year old and you have a
big ole emotional vortex.
That set the stage for Sunday
night. Sometimes it is in the mundane or silly things that I think of
my mom and one moment I am laughing hysterically and then the next
crying uncontrollably. Sunday night Parker pooped in the tub and while
that in itself is not really funny I was immediately brought back to a
similar scenario with my mom and Cooper.
We were
bathing Cooper one night and he was a little over one or not even one
yet and he began to poop in the tub. I was screaming and laughing so
hard I was crying as I was fishing poop out and mom was holding Cooper
over the toilet. As she was doing that he pooped in the potty...as a
default ;-) But mom was convinced he would potty train early and be a
prodigy. She just knew he "knew" what he was doing. We laughed about
that for days and laughed at her for thinking that! Little did she know
he would actually be the most difficult child on the planet to potty
train. Over six months after starting he is finally potty
trained...unfortunately mom never got to see that and see the excitement
on his sweet little face the day it finally clicked.
She
worked so hard with him and just knew he was on the verge and stuck up
for him daily when he had to give his daily potty progress report to his
"G". He always knew she had his side. They were just the best of
buddies. The morning that she passed away she sat with him in the
bathroom for about twenty minutes according to my dad just convinced
he'd poop.
It is a silly memory and one I can think of
and get a laugh out of. One that I can think to and remember just how
much my mom loved and cherished my sweet boys. Although I did laugh I
also cried most of Sunday night because it just never occurred to me that
it would not be in God's plan for her to be here to see these precious
boys grow up. I'm still not doubting HIS perfect plan I just had a moment of intense longing and wishing it were different. So, I cried and let it all out. I've been so positive and I
feel like I have not lost that but for one day I just needed to let go
and to be emotional and to grieve in such a physical way. While I was
crying on the outside that precious memory is one that made my heart
smile and one that I want to remember forever.
Healed by Mercy
2 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment